When we’re talking connection, we mean a telecom connection added to a romantic one which involves learning how to flirt with a guy over text. If instant messaging over the internet wasn’t enough, there are always cell-phones and to top that, there are Blackberrys. Knowing text flirting etiquette is the need of the hour. Flirt with a guy over text and hone your skills if nothing else. Here are a few things you should know about how to flirt with a guy over text:
How to flirt with guys over text: Protocol
In learning how to flirt with guys over text, you will unravel a whole different world of brief concise flirting because messages can only be typed in so many words. Use this wisely.
- Brevity is the best part of text messaging. Focus on the message and keep the frills out. Don’t be blatant, allusions are good.
- Compliment them. Tell them how their joke made your day. Thank them for the wonderful evening. Guys have a weakness called egos. Feed it.
- Wait for them to reply and take some time before you reply. Don’t fire off ten messages while you’re waiting for them to reply. It’ll seem desperate and it’ll annoy him if he’s in a meeting or otherwise occupied with something. Don’t take too long between receiving the message and replying otherwise the train of thought and fuzzy feeling it drums up will be lost.
- When you flirt with a guy over text, don’t use bad language or abusive words. Limit chat abbreviations. You don’t want to end up sounding like a total moron.
How to flirt with guys over text and lead them on
You’ve been making your service provider happy with the number of texts you’ve exchanged with the guy. Is this going anywhere? It’s one thing to know how to flirt with guys over text; it’s another to help lead it onto something better. Isn’t that what all the flirting was about anyway?
Show your appreciation for what they’ve done and invite them to one of your favourite places. Going to a place you’re comfortable in not only gives you the upper hand but allows you to concentrate on the date. But don’t rush things.
Flirting with guys over text: draw the line
- Just because you deigned to give him your number doesn’t mean he can go overboard and vice versa. An essential part of how to flirt with guys over text is knowing when to set aside some ‘me’ time. Don’t rush to reply to his text if you’re in the shower. It only shows you don’t know where to stop and you might even get your phone wet but a little waiting on his part will arouse interest. It’ll show him that he doesn’t have dibs on all your time.
- Don’t tolerate abusive or bad language. If he’s like this right now, he’ll be worse when you see the ‘real’ deal. L is for ‘love’, ‘lust’ and ‘leave me alone you douche bag’. Texting should help you set boundaries for each of these
- Whether you want to graduate to sexting is totally your decision. As long as you’re comfortable with it, go ahead. But if you’re trying to get the guys to take you seriously, you should avoid this. This is the key to flirt with a guy over text.
What a pity knowing a skill like this can’t go on your resume. It’s evident here that it’s not just good enough to flirt with guys over text but it’s imperative to know how to flirt with guys over text, the key here being how and now that you know, wear out your mobile keypad!